Welcome to our 100 Club - a great way for you support us whilst having a bit of a flutter! Here's how it works....
This buys you one membership number (we will allocate), which enters you into the monthly draw. The cost is £2 per month. All participants must be over 16.
The draw will take place at the first band rehearsal of the month.
If you win, a cheque will be posted to your home address and the name of the winner published on Hyde Band’s website.
The prize money will be 40% of the membership fee taken that month. The remaining 60% goes to the band to help fund new music.
To apply to join the 100 club, please download and print the form below, and return it to the band at the address shown.
For a cost of £2 per month (i.e. per draw) you will be allocated one number between 1 and 100.
A draw will be made every month with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
The prizes will total 40% of the annual income.
This will be apportioned as: 1st prize of 25%, 2nd prize of 10% and 3rd prize of 5%.
The 100 Club is a simple, small society lottery and is open to all audience members, players and friends of Hyde Band. Anyone age 16 or over can join.
Numbers are limited to four per household, or two per person.
Payments must be made by standing order (annually) or annual cheque. One month’s notice is required for cancellation.
Member’s numbers will only be entered if their subscription is up to date.
If a member has no valid reason for missing a payment, their number may be sold to someone on the reserve list.
The draw shall be made at the first band rehearsal of each month.
The winning cheque will be posted to the address on your membership application within one week of the draw.
The name and numbers for each month’s winners will be posted on the Hyde Band website.
The 100 Club will be run by Hyde Band Committee. In case of any dispute the decision of the Committee is final.
Unless otherwise advised, a member will be deemed to have left the 100 Club if his/her subscription renewal remains unpaid for a period of one month.
If a winner cannot be contacted, the winnings will be placed into Hyde Band funds after six months.
Hyde Brass Band is a registered charity, registration number 1059501.
This lottery is registered with New Forest District Council, registration number 1520.
Hyde Band was founded by Mr H.E. ‘Bert’ Shutler in 1895. He originally played in a Fife and Drum band based in the Gorley area of the New Forest near Fordingbridge.
The band has a long history, which boasts many achievements both on and off the contest stage. Most notably being crowned West of England Regional Champions in the fourth, third, second and first sections, when the band was quickly promoted through the ranks in the 1990s. In 1998, the band was announced Wessex Brass Band Association Champions, under the baton of Mr Peter Wise.
2001 saw the band compete for the first time in the National Championship section, in the West of England Regional Championships and finished a creditable eighth out of eleven. A much better result than many pundits expected. Most recently the band performed again at the National Brass Band Finals held in Harrogate in 2007, after qualifying at the West of England Regional Finals yet again. The result was one to be proud of, finishing 8th out of the 17 best first section bands in the country.
Contesting is a popular pastime with many’ brass-banders’ for a number of reasons; firstly there’s the challenge of learning a new piece of music, the socialising and of course the opportunity to visit new places. Over the years the band has played in the Wembley Arena three times, the Indoor National Arena in Cardiff, the Conference Centre in Nottingham and competed in London, Brighton, Folkestone, Plymouth, Bristol, Torquay and Harrogate to name just a few.
How many other brass bands can boast a top 40 Christmas chart single? Hyde Band can. In 2003, Hyde Band were invited to feature on Erin Rocha’s debut single, “Can’t do Right for Doing Wrong”. The performance resulted in the single appearing on the BBC Radio 2 play list and a slot on the well-known ITV television programme, “This Morning” with Philip Schofield and Fern Britton.
Registered Charity No 1059501